Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Boys, pls read this article... something to think about!

Hi Boys, I found this article about Samir Nasri (a 23 year old Arsenal FC midfielder), and what he says about how he plays soccer and how he has grown as a player is very interesting... I find it inspiring and I hope you do as well... Here are a few quotes from the article:

"Sometimes it is just something in your head, you think you can do it, you manage it once or twice and then you say 'yes, it is possible'.

When I am in front of a goalkeeper, I am more relaxed now, before I felt too much pressure to score, I wanted it too much maybe.

Now I don't worry as much, I am more at ease with the game and I am not looking for goals, I am looking to work for the team.

If you feel like that, the opportunities come along naturally. I think more with my head - things are 90% in your head and everything else comes after that.

If you can see things earlier, you can anticipate the pass, the shot, everything like that."

 You see, the very best soccer players have a certain "magic"... they can visualize and they can anticipate where the ball will be and what they will do next with it...

So, when you hear me yelling: "ANTICIPATE WHERE THE BALL WILL BE", or "WHERE IS THE BALL GOING?" - this is what I'm taking about! ...This article is just something for you to read and think about...

BTW, Nasri was just voted as French Player of the Year for 2010...

Keep in touch...
Coach Jim

PS: 10 Days Till Christmas!!!!!