Sunday, August 7, 2011

WET & WONDERFUL WIZARDS ARE CHAMPIONS!



49th Annual A.C. Douglas Tournament U11 Boys Championship Final
Welland Wizards 6 : 1 Guelph Royals

Your Welland Goals brought to you by Juan (3), Matthew, Miguel, and Keegan.... youtube video provided as always by Matthew's Mom Iwona!

No amount of rain could dampen our spirits today! 

Boys, today you became Champions! You dominated the A.C. Douglas going 4-0 in the Tournament... over the two days we had 7 different players score 19 goals... how far has this team come?!  Oh my!!!  very well done... CONGRATULATIONS! You deserve every bit of it!  

Parents please send me any pictures, esp the Victory Photo on the field!

I made one huge error today - while Coach Marty was telling me what to say in my victory speech, I forgot to thank him!  Folks, much of the success this team has had is a direct result of Coach Marty's presence and contributions... considering he does not have a son on the team, the time and effort he puts into our team out of the kindness of his heart is remarkable... thank you Coach Marty!

More to come.... "Red Card" and I are going to see Planet of the Apes!
Coach Jim