Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Team Activity & Training Update

Hi everyone, I trust you all had a great Easter! 

WSC Fitness Nights:
We resume tomorrow night at the ND Track from 6:00-7:30pm.  I want everyone coming out for these nights as a normal practice night.  Please let me know if you cannot make it (thanks to those who already have). It looks like we have settled on Thursday night for this training.  Last week we had 60 players out!  Parents please join us! – we need parents to monitor stations so that coaches can follow their players around the circuit.

Practice Shirts:
We will have “Official Team Practice Shirts” this year.  I have a supplier who will do up dry-fit type workout shirts with screening for approx. $15.00 per shirt. I have some sample shirts for sizing which I will bring with me on Thursday night to size up the boys.

Regular Practice Schedule:
We will go with our regular practice schedule from last year – Sunday AMs and Tuesday PMs.   I will push the start time for Sunday to 8:30am so that we finish by 10:00.  I do not want to conflict with church times so please let me know if that is a problem.  Tuesdays will be 6:00 -7:30pm until June when I will push that to 6:30-8:00 for the summer weather.  As always I will send reminders regularly and have the practice schedules posted on the left column of our team blog.  Given the weather can be tricky in April, I will confirm Sunday and Tuesday Practices via email by Friday and Sunday respectively.  As you know, we are not allowed on any fields yet -  so for now we will practice at Chippawa Park in Welland, between the baseball diamond and volleyball court, off of First Avenue.

Sherkston Shores Preseason Training Camp:
Please mark down May 4-6 for our 2nd Annual Preseason Training Camp – details to follow shortly

Parent Meeting:
I am finalizing the Parent Package which includes the team budget.  I will set up a parent meeting within the next two weeks at one of our practices.

Thanks everyone - I think that’s it for now… as always please let me know if you have any questions.  See you tomorrow night!

Coach Jim