Friday, September 16, 2011

The sun came up this morning...

To the players ("my boys"),

Last night was a shock to the system, and it hurts to lose...  but the sun did come up this morning!  

My take on the game: I would rather lose playing soccer than win playing "kick-ball"...Alot of teams we played this year couldn't play soccer with us, so they played "kick-ball"... I have always taught you to play a positive style, proper game of soccer... that won't change...

The Ref was right when he stopped by our bench after the game to tell us that he had never seen a team more unlucky than we were last night, that the ball just didn't bounce our way... he said that we controlled the game and did not deserve to lose. I didn't like all those hand-balls he called against us but appreciated he took the time to talk to us... 

You are a special group of young men. I am so proud of you, proud to be called your "Coach".  I have great great memories that will stay with me... thank you boys...

Hold your heads high, and puff out your chests as you read the following accomplishments on the season:

  • CHAMPIONS, 49th Annual A.C. Douglas Tournament
  • Finalists, TiAmo Festival Cup
  • Achieved a 20 win season with 20-6-1 record overall (winning 76% of all our games)
  • 14-4 in NYSL league play
  • Overall Tournament Record of 6-1-1 (winning 81% of our tournament games)
  • 117 NYSL goals scored - which made us the top goal scoring team in any level of the NYSL
  • EVERY PLAYER ON THE TEAM SCORED AT LEAST ONE GOAL! ...name me another team that can say that!
  • 145 overall goals scored
  • +84 Goal Differential in NYSL
  • +98 Goal Differential overall


WOW, what a list! No wonder the coaches and your families are so proud of you!   You are the envy of the NYSL, the class of the league!

Let me take a moment to thank Coach Marty...  he sacrificed allot of personal time and effort to help us... much of any credit that may come my way should go directly to Coach Marty - thanks Marty!

And to the parents and families... your support and the kind words were always greatly appreciated, thank you!


TEAM PARTY
We will have a Private Team Party soon (by private I mean only our team, parents and families) ... I'm checking out some ideas... parents, let me know if you have any ideas...


WSC YEAR END BANQUET
The Club's Year End Banquet will be at Dave & Buster's in Niagara Falls in Mid-October... I will confirm details with you ASAP... I understand the boys will get $20.00 play cards with their meals!


TEAM YEAR BOOK DVD
As you know Liam’s Mom Jane has volunteered to create a “Team Year Book Video” for us!

Please give/send to Jane any pictures or videos you may have of the team’s action this year (saved on a USB/Pen Drive or burned to DVD) and she will put together a memory keepsake of our boy’s soccer summer... I have a ton pictures from a Grandfather of one of the Niagara Falls players. He was kind enough to send me pictures he took of our games with Niagara Falls.


OFF-SEASON U12 PROGRAM
Let's take some time off and then start our off-season program sometime in October.  I have submitted a plan for next year to the Welland Soccer Club and am waiting anxiously for approval!  I will contact all of you when I hear back from the Club.  We will come back even stronger next season! We still have some goals to accomplish...

Finally, let me again say "Thank You" everyone, it was an EPIC soccer season!

Coach Jim