Thursday, September 27, 2012

Coach Jim Moving On...

Hi everyone, with very mixed emotions I write to tell you that I have accepted another coaching position for 2013. I will be Assistant Coach to Tuukka Salonen and Manager for the Elite U13/U14 Soccer Academy Team... I'm thrilled to be part of the wonderful Academy that Clayton and Tuukka are building but will miss my team dearly.

The WSC will be naming a new Coach for next year's Welland U13 Wizards soon. There are a couple of names out there that many of you are very familiar with and I'm sure the team with thrive under the new coach.

I want to take this opportunity to thank "my boys", as I will always call them.

Together with my boys, we took our team from "worst to first"....
we took a team that had not won a game in two years and won 82% of our league games, best in our league over the last two years... we racked up 32 wins and were the highest scoring team during the same period (I had the pleasure of watching my boys score 180 league goals) ... we won a tournament championship, and this year we were League Champions, on top of the table from the first week to the last, where ever we went we won... This is a unmatchable track record of success that speaks for itself.

More important than wins though, I saw this group of boys grow, develop and become better soccer players. I saw some of these players fall in love or more deeply in love with playing soccer. That is all this coach ever wanted, because when you work hard and do things the right way, player development, individual growth and team success will follow. 


Thanks for everything boys. Every coach needs great kids to work with, and you guys are the best - I could not have done any of it without you. I will always look at these last two years with great fondness and pride... remember "Outwork Your Talent"!

Special thanks to Coach Rowan for being a great assistant and loyal friend.

I wish you all the best, and I'm sure we will see each other soon.

Coach Jim

Red Dawgs, Red Dawgs, Red Dawgs!
Crave the Burn, Crave the Burn, Crave the Burn!!
Hajra, Hajra, Hajra!!!