Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Coach Jim's Updates

Hi Team and Parents, 

A quick update on team activities and plans:

Currently we have 8 boys training on Thursday PMs at the Welland Soccer Club with Coach Frank DiChellis, and 9 boys training on Sunday AMs at Sinnicks in Niagara Falls with Clayton Rosario. Many boys are also playing indoor at the WSC Friday Nights!  Lots of soccer being played and we LOVE IT!

I am planning on getting a few Team Practices indoor at WSC in the coming weeks - I will let you know details when I get the WSC booked.

We will take a Christmas break, and then in January-February-March we will have once/week Team Practices at the Sinnicks Complex in Niagara Falls.  I am partnering with another team to share costs of rental of the dome and will let you know shortly the exact dates, times and costs.  During the Jan-March time-frame there will also be other training delivered by the WSC Technical Department which the boys can join as well. 

Speaking of Christmas, I would like to organize a Team Christmas Party for parents and players.  I am targetting the afternoon of Saturday, December 10th or 17th... please mark on your calenders and let me know which of those days work for you...

Beginining in April we will start twice/week practices in gearing up for the season.  And of course, one of the highlights of the year, we will have our Sherkston ShoresTraining Camp Weekend (before the May 24 weekend). 

Request to Parents: please save our  team’s blog address (http://wellandwizardsteamtalk.blogspot.com/) as a favourite in your internet browsers and ensure the boys see this blog regularly.  I will start posting training and technical videos for the boys to watch which will show them all the same skills that I emphasize in practice.  I will also post fun “Top 10 Goals”  type videos as well... it is very important that the boys continue to develop their love for soccer (which is one of the main reasons why I created this blog)...Thanks!

Oh -  and please make friends with me and each other on facebook! I post team related stuff on my profile.

Please let me know if you have any questions... talk soon...

Coach Jim