Thursday, July 7, 2011

9:3 is SWEET to me!

Congrats boys, you played strong throughout the game and to get a very well deserved 9:3 win tonight in Port Colborne... what a great 6-2 start to the season!

Your Welland Goals brought to you by Matthew (3), Juan (2), Lucas (2) and Dino (2)... and Colt was outstanding in net!   Click here for the youtube highlights courtesy of Matthew's Mom Iwona!

CHECK THIS OUT: the coaches from the Niagara Falls Girls team (that went on the field to play after us) stopped by to tell Coach Marty and I how impressed they were with you... the one coach said:

"your boys pass extremely well and controlled the game beginning to end. I try to get my girls to play like that and I was telling them to watch how your guys play"

I really put alot of stock in that - another coach who just happened to be watching us stopped by to give us those words... and they are 100% on the mark!

NO TIME TO REST: we have the two most important practices of the season coming up on Sunday AM and Tuesday night... come prepared to work hard and learn from our mistakes so that we can become as good as we can possibly be...

Well done boys!
Coach Jim